Two words – Conservational writing.
Means: writing to a friend.
So how do you write like you talk without it sounding like crap? Without putting the reader to sleep?
Well, here are a few tips, hope they help.
- Writing to a crowd can kill your voice.
- Instead, write as if you are writing to a friend.
- Imagine your favorite person opening and reading your book, email or text. Will they laugh, cry or close it up unfinished?
- Conservational writing is not writing like you talk.
- Messy first drafts are to be expected.
- Then, edit until your writing doesn’t sound like stuffy writing but like casual conversation.
- Don’t write to impress
- Write to be read.
- Use contractions.
- Write with common words.
- Read blogs, contemporary novels and listen to podcasts.
- Avoid proper English books until ready to edit.
- Read good conversational writing.
- Write in short sentences and paragraphs.
- This helps avoid boring…
View original post 146 more words